Accessibility Plan Annual Status Report 2022
This Annual Status Report details the annual update for 2022 on the progress of measures taken to improve accessibility. The purpose of this report is to track our progress and make the public aware of our initiatives.
To request an alternate format of this annual status report, please contact:
Toll-Free Telephone Number: 1-800-461-8558
Once your request is received, our team will contact you to provide you with additional information on when you can expect a response, based on the document and format you are requesting.
Statement of Commitment
Ontario Northland is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility by meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
This Accessibility Plan annual status report is prepared annually to update about Ontario Northland’s Accessibility Plan and Policy 2014-21. This status report provides the progress of measures taken to implement the strategy, including steps taken in compliance with the regulation (O. Reg. 191/11 Integrate Accessibility Standards under Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, S.O. 2005, c. 11).
Ontario Northland provides accessibility training for all employees. This includes Human Rights, AODA, and Transportation training. These training modules include a quiz and are delivered to all new employees at employee orientation (takes place minimum once per month) and refresh training is as required.
Information and Communications
Existing websites, feedback processes and social media channels and content are compliant. With planned upgrades to the website in Fall 2023, there have been plans made to engage in consultation with passengers with disabilities for feedback on their experience for improvement.
Ontario Northland complies with its multi-year accessibility plan for advertising of employment and accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment process including during interviews. Accommodation is considered and utilized in return-to-work practice, during performance management, during career development and redeployment processes. Accessibility barriers are part of the workplace health and safety committee checklists for workplace audits.
Accomplishments in 2022
General highlights for 2022 include:
- The approval and posting of an Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) Specialist position. This position will allow Ontario Northland to expand engagement with passengers with disabilities, have a specialized focus on accessibility improvement, and dedicate more effort to the maintenance of and development of Ontario Northland’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plans.
- Merged the efforts of Accessibility work at Ontario Northland to include all aspects of operations, rather than siloed approaches to areas such as employment, recruitment, passenger services, and more. This will increase communication and efficiency.
- Draft created for the 2023-2027 Multi-Year Accessibility Plan.
- Barrier-Free Audit completed for the North Bay Bus Station.
- Began a comprehensive WCAG 2.0 audit and update to ontarionorthland.ca including all pages and functionality as a part of the website refresh.
- Created and implemented Ontario Northland’s Guide Dog and Service Animal Policy.
Planned for 2023
- Publish the Multi-Year Accessibility Plan for 2023-2027.
- Continue barrier free audits on Ontario Northland facilities where renovations or upgrades may occur.
- Complete the comprehensive WCAG 2.0 audit and update to ontarionorthland.ca
For more information
For more information about Ontario Northland’s accessibility plan, please contact the Vice President of Passenger Rail and Motor Coach at:
- Phone: 1-800-363-7512, ext. 335
- Email: email@example.com
To request an accessible format of this plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.