We Live Where You Vacation
Tina Heppenstall, Director of Human Resources, discusses one of the unwritten perks of the job at Ontario Northland.
When I am asked what I like about my job, there is so much that comes to mind, sometimes it takes me a minute to articulate exactly why I’m so passionate about what I do. At Ontario Northland we are proud that we offer an incredible benefits package, a pension, a culture that encourages growth and advancement and a truly visionary leadership team.
But what often doesn’t get mentioned is the lifestyle a job in Northern Ontario has to offer. With locations across the province including North Bay, Cochrane, Thunder Bay, Moosonee and Englehart, our employees get to live where most people vacation.
When you live here, a weekend at the lake is every weekend!
- Access to lakes and waterfront only minutes away
- Affordable housing
- Sport and recreation, like downhill or cross-country skiing
- Hiking and mountain biking at our fingertips
- Safe public spaces for children to grow and learn
- Access to high-speed Wi-Fi but also spaces to disconnect when we need to
As more people choose to make northern communities their homes, we know our best kept secret is one worth sharing. Cottage country isn’t just for the weekend, you too could be part of the club that lives where others can only vacation.