REPORTS TO: Marketing Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 900 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Events Coordinator works with a team to plan, coordinate and execute events that consistently elevate the Ontario Northland brand. A focused role to ensure external stakeholders, like a prospective customer at a tradeshow or guests visiting a facility, have positive experiences.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team, this role will help select events for Ontario Northland to participate in (such as tradeshows for the rail division, community events like holiday parades, job fairs, or customer outreach opportunities such as postsecondary student info days).
- Coordinate the logistics by writing event plans that lists objectives, supplies needed, staffing requirements, setup/teardown, risks, etc. with health and safety in mind and corporate policies adhered to.
- Work with the Communications and Issues Management Specialist to coordinate and execute government announcements or photo opportunities.
- Set up some technical equipment and lighting to stage spaces.
- Ensure that ONTC employees working tradeshow booths know how to best engage and interact with members of the public. This may include coaching and mentoring operational or desk workers that rarely work with the public.
- This candidate will act at the Ontario Northland liaison for tours of the Remanufacturing and Repair Centre, bus maintenance facility and more.
- Ensure guests are safe on Ontario Northland property by sharing safety information with guests prior to visit
- Work with the Marketing Specialist in relation to event materials, merchandise and promotional items.
- Conduct market research and provide data to support annual strategic planning
- Highlight success stories from events by creating social media content and writing blog posts.
- Collaborate with external parties and agencies
- Technical know-how to be able to host online events
- College Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or Business Administration
- 2 – 3 years experience in marketing, communications, public relations, preferably in a non-profit or government environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience coordinating events
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experienced with digital platforms and willing and able to quickly learn software applications
- Excellent writing and editing skills, capable of writing in different tones for different audiences.
- Experience in campaign planning, execution, and reporting
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A motivated, self-starter
- Bilingualism is an asset
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: Criminal record check, employment references, education verification.
CLOSING DATE: March 26, 2023 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Posting Date: March 14, 2023
Acceptable file formats: DOC, DOCX, PDF
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.