REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor Central Region
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Services
LOCATION: Sault Ste. Marie
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Motor Coach Operator is responsible for operating a motor coach in a safe, efficient manner, providing superior customer service while adhering to scheduled service.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates coach in a safe manner, using defensive driving techniques; maintains schedule; and makes designated stops on assigned route.
- Greets passengers in a friendly, courteous manner; provides information concerning routes, schedules and transfer points; assists passengers with the use of securement systems, ramps and lifts, and by other means as appropriate, including the announcement of arrival at major thoroughfares, facility and/or departure locations on a given route, using a microphone while operating the bus.
- Collects appropriate tickets through the operation of an electronic fare collection system.
- Inspects and prepares assigned coach for operation by performing a pre-trip inspection.
- Complete accurate MTO Hour of Service Logs and adhere to MTO Hours of Service regulations.
- May perform chartered service throughout Canada and the U.S
- Observes uniform regulations and/or other rules, policies and regulations as outlined by ONTC
- Must be punctual, reliable and maintain regular attendance in order to contribute individually to the efficient and effective delivery of transportation service to the general public
- Passion for customer service
- Secondary School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- B or C class driver’s license with a Z endorsement
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Valid passport
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work schedule/shifts
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Knowledge and previous experience of Motor Coach Service industry is a definite asset
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) is an asset
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal Record Check
- Employment references
- Education verification
CLOSING DATE: September 26, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494