POSITION: Stores Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Manager, Inventory and Warehousing
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Procurement
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Stores Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of Stores employees as well as ensuring the safe, efficient and timely completion of stock orders and safe storage of materials. This position will liaise with Procurement and Vendors to ensure accurate and timely pickup and delivery of materials and to maintain required stock levels.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise unionized staff working in various stores warehouses in North Bay, Englehart and Cochrane
- Travel to all stores locations quarterly at minimum to meet, assist, support, or guide stores employees
- Provide training and instruction for unionized staff, evaluate performance, coaches and disciplines
- Investigations, related discipline and negotiations for Collective Agreement employees
- Ensure employees work safely and efficiently in a positive work environment
- Prioritize work assignments and make schedule changes when required
- Prepare and post Job Bulletins for relief job openings
- Vacation planning for stores employees each year. Must take into account busy time periods, projects and the number of employees required on premise at all locations to meet the project requirements
- Complete and submit weekly payroll for all Stores employees at all locations
- Ensure inventory and record integrity regarding availability, sold, returned parts and materials and parts and materials on order
- Control inventory levels (min/max levels), ordering frequency and costing with vendors and procurement
- Establish yearly rates with local carriers for inbound and outbound shipments communicate with buyers and operations for move of equipment or shipment
- Liaise with department representatives to maintain required inventory levels
- Coordinate Quality Assurance staging for inspection and/or movement of parts and material
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery for distribution of parts and material
- Plan required stock inventory with stakeholders and the procurement department in order to meet seasonal activities
- Coordinate all inventory orders shipments to Temagami ,Englehart, Noranda, Timmins, Cochrane, Hearst, Kapuskasing, Moosonee and Sault Ste. Marie
- Management member of Joint health and Safety Committee. Participate in monthly meetings.
- Investigate Health and Safety accidents and injury reports in various shops
- Control and investigate new SDS items to be brought into inventory
- Control the yearly pickup and shipment of hazardous waste barrels and other materials, received from all departments
- Perform Safety Observations and hold daily safety talks
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration or Commerce
- 5+ years’ experience in a warehouse setting
- 3 – 5 years supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Previous experience supervising project work is considered an asset
- Experience administering collective agreements
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Previous experience with a computerized purchasing inventory system an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Teams, Excel, and Word
- Previous experience with AS400 is considered an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Must be committed to company health and safety
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal record check
- Employment references
- Education verification
CLOSING DATE: October 3, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.