POSITION: Spare Express Freight Services Worker
REPORTS TO: Supervisor Express Freight
DEPARTMENT: Rail Transportation
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains timely and accurate inventory records for Yard, Train & Express Freight based on communication with operating crews and other stakeholders
- Communicates with customers through personal contact and telephone, providing rates from predefined rate sheets based on weight, shipping details and timelines including the preparation of waybills/reports and their subsequent delivery
- Performs warehouse duties ensuring local freight is placed for delivery and transship freight is dispatched to correct outbound cars (weighing up to 75 pounds)
- Weighs outgoing traffic at scale and ensures these details are correctly entered on waybills
- Loads and unloads customers’ prepaid vehicles on designated flat cars secured in accordance with current standards and collects revenue as required
- Loads and unloads customers’ baggage in designated baggage/line cars and baggage kiosks
- Customer Service Unit duties as required
- Operates Forklift and motorized warehousing Equipment
- Performs above and such other duties as required by Management
- Secondary School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Sound working knowledge of computers and appropriate keyboarding skills.
- Available for shift work and weekends
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have the ability to be trained to operate motorized warehouse equipment.
- Ability to speak French and Cree would be considered an asset
- Committed to Company Health and Safety standards and practices.
- Railway experience would be an asset.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal record check
- Employment references
- Education verification
RATE OF PAY:
- As per the collective agreement – starts between $20.32 - $25.15
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2023 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.