POSITION: Motor Coach Operator
REPORTS TO: Supervisor Central Region
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Services
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation.
Join our team as a Motor Coach Operator! This is an exciting opportunity for a customer focused individual that is driven by the need to help others.
Our Motor Coach Operations is in the business of moving people across Ontario. We strive to provide reliable and efficient service and hire staff capable of fulfilling these goals.
Be an ambassador for Ontario Northland and travel throughout Ontario.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Safe driving behaviour
- Exceptional face to face customer service
- Passionate about your community
- Effective listening and communication with a positive attitude
- Personable and respectful of others
- Resilient when faced with difficult situations
- Calm under pressure, patient
- Effective conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
- Exercise good judgment
- Willing to work overnights
- Passion for driving and love of travel
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates coach in a safe manner, using defensive driving techniques; maintains schedule; and makes designated stops on assigned route.
- Greets passengers in a friendly, courteous manner; provides information concerning routes, schedules and transfer points; assists passengers with the use of securement systems, ramps and lifts, and by other means as appropriate, including the announcement of arrival at major thoroughfares, facility and/or departure locations on a given route, using a microphone while operating the bus.
- Collects appropriate tickets through the operation of an electronic fare collection system.
- Inspects and prepares assigned coach for operation by performing a pre-trip inspection.
- Complete accurate MTO Hour of Service Logs and adhere to MTO Hours of Service regulations.
- May perform chartered service throughout Canada and the U.S
- Observes uniform regulations and/or other rules, policies and regulations as outlined by ONTC.
- Must be punctual, reliable and maintain regular attendance in order to contribute individually to the efficient and effective delivery of transportation service to the general public.
- Passion for customer service
- Secondary School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Valid B or C class driver’s license with a Z endorsement
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Valid passport
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work schedule/shifts
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Knowledge and previous experience of Motor Coach Service industry is a definite asset
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) is an asset
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: Criminal record check, employment references, education verification.
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing until positions are filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494