REPORTS TO: Director, Transportation Services
DEPARTMENT: Rail Transportation
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Manager, Multimodal Services plans, coordinates, directs and controls all outside operations within the Intermodal and Transload terminals. This position is responsible for ensuring trains are received, loaded and/or unloaded in accordance with the policies, guidelines, established plans and priorities while meeting on-time performance and minimizing cost. Manages connections to other modes of transportation to coordinate customer service options.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs yard processes to safely meet train schedules, customers, dispatch, Field Operations and Mechanical and Engineering needs
- Manages contractors involved in multimodal operations to ensure safe operation, rules and procedural compliance and contractual obligations are met.
- Work with Freight Revenue to coordinate customer volume and create operating plan
- Deliver instructions for train movements within terminal to Operating crews
- Oversees inventory management of terminals
- Identify areas to improve process, customer service and business responsiveness.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including First Nations, mayors, economic development by attending industry evens and community meetings
- Responsible for recruiting, training, performance management of employees including conducting employee investigations
- Ensures all documentation is accurate, complete and properly communicated to those who require the information
- Performs proficiency & efficiency tests & other safety activities to meet required standards
- Ensures compliance to all policies, directives, rules and regulations
- Must be available on a 24/7 basis
- Secondary School Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED)
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in the Railway or Trucking field
- Intermodal experience is required
- 2 + years previous supervisory experience is required
- Knowledge of Railroads and mechanical requirements and associated Safety rules
- Training and/or equivalent experience in HR Practices, Labour Relations, Payroll and Leading people
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues
- Experience with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) considered an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment and administering collective agreements would be considered an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Valid G driver’s license and ability to travel when required
- Committed to company health & safety
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal Record Check
- Employment references
- Education verification
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing until position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.