POSITION: Financial Analyst (Replacement)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Financial Analysis & Reporting
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparation, monitoring and reporting of financial and statistical information for internal and external users.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and monitor, financial and statistical, analytical reports
- Submit and present to various users (internal and external) financial reports
- Monitor, analyze and make recommendations complete with a rational for “what-if” scenarios requested by the Operating Groups or Senior Management
- Prepare and monitor annual budget for various Divisions
- Monitor and report, in writing to the appropriate manager, the month-to-month fluctuations and the budget-to-actual variances in various accounts
- Prepare quarterly forecasting and annual Business Plan reporting
- Review proposed service contracts and provide financial recommendations and rational to senior management as to which proposal provides value-for-money for services outlined in the contract
- Coordinate use of general ledger chart of accounts and advise proper methods of reporting financial and statistical information for various divisions through communication with senior management
- Prepare adjusting journal entries at month-end and at year-end closing
- Complete monthly and year-end reconciliations of various general ledger accounts to source documents
- Assist with month-end and year-end consolidation and financial reporting based on PSAB requirements
- Find efficiencies and improvements, whether it be saving in cost or time, within the Finance department
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required by the Manager, Financial Analysis & Reporting and the Director of Finance
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA designation is an asset
- Knowledge of accounting practices
- Must possess strong computer skills (advanced Excel)
- Must be detail oriented and have superior analytical and financial analysis skills
- Experience needed in downloading and manipulating data
- AS400/Infinium and Sequel or other “query” based computer software training are a definite asset
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with strong time management skills
- Must have good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Thinks strategically and critically
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Evaluates, synthesizes and interrelates information from internal and external sources when solving problems and making decisions
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety standards and expectations
- Knowledge of Rail, Motor Coach, and Remanufacturing industries is an asset
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: The successful candidate will need to pass the following clearances: criminal record check, employment references and education verification.
CLOSING DATE: April 3, 2023 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.