POSITION: Diesel Mechanics
REPORTS TO: Supervisor Motive Power Maintenance
DEPARTMENT: Rail Mechanical
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
Diesel Mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain Motive Power and other Railway equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs, dismantles, rebuilds, maintains, installs, adjusts, diagnose and tests locomotives and shop machinery as well as all diesel or gas powered engines including internal oil pumps, transmission systems, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment including braking systems, air compressors, auxiliary power units, rail or rubber tired vehicles including buses, bulldozers, cranes, pay loaders, motor cars, motor coaches, locomotives and track equipment.
- Utilizes precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, scales, gauges, verniers, squares and indicators and all types of testing equipment such as dynamometer, fuel injection, fluid power equipment, etc.
- Set up and operate different types of machine shop equipment including CNC equipment used in drilling, milling, turning, and boring.
- Handle all hand and power tools commonly used in the trade as well as electric and gas welding equipment.
- Follow blueprints, sketches, manufacturer’s patterns, and construction specifications and can adapt to new methods, processes, materials and equipment and all other work generally recognized as diesel mechanic’s work.
- Secondary School Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED)
- Must hold a valid Certificate of Qualification (Automotive Service Technician – 310S, Heavy Duty Equipment Technician - 421A or Truck and Coach Technician – 310T)
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills and experience using Windows based applications would be an asset.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work schedule/shifts
- Committed to company health and safety
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal record check
- Employment references
- Education verification
CLOSING DATE: October 2, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.