POSITION: Capital Project Manager (Civil/Structural)
REPORTS TO: Senior Capital Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Capital Project Manager provides project management for construction projects and the purchase of equipment to implement and support the ONTC capital plan and initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages projects as assigned by the Sr. Capital Project Manager
- Prepares and supplies detailed scope of work packages for installation, modification, operation and maintenance of equipment, systems and buildings with the assistance of consultants.
- Prepares necessary documents for RFQ’s, RFT’s, and RFP’s to acquire the services of consultants, engineers, architects, and outside contractors, to purchase new and/or modify or repair existing equipment, systems and facilities.
- Works with legal counsel and buyers to develop contract documents and quote/tender projects following company policies and procedures.
- Purchases material to complete projects following company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinates, schedules, and monitors the work of ONTC trades, outside contractors and suppliers.
- Diligently maintains project files, contract documentation, and detailed cash flow tracking
- Maintains contract documentation on legal contract management software (Cobblestone).
- Maintains detailed cash flow tracking in MS Excel
- Complete all project initiation charters and forms in Questica. Review cash flow projections (monthly and quarterly) in ONTC capital project tracking software Questica.
- Creates and assists in the creation of business cases for new capital projects
- Provides information to EAM program as requested
- Coordinates with Facility Supervisors to identify building elements that will be covered by maintenance programs and building elements that will be covered by capital projects.
- Coordinates with ONTC Supervisors for the implementation of Capital Projects
- Consult with operation and maintenances manuals and use knowledge of systems to troubleshoot maintenance issues and coordinate engineering support.
- Maintain programs as required to ensure systems meet Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. (Pressure piping inspection records, Electrical inspection records, Building code inspection records and Designated Substances)
- Stay up to date with energy saving and sustainability opportunities in area of expertise
- Updates SLAM software to aid in tracking ONTC’s state of good repair journey
- Provides information from Facilities Management files as required to ONTC employees to maintain, repair, refurbish, upgrade assets.
- University Degree in an engineering discipline
- 3 - 5 years experience and extensive, practical knowledge in building and other infrastructure construction and upgrading/renovations in an industrial setting
- Working knowledge and experience with all engineering disciplines (structural, civil and architectural)
- Minimum 2 years of Project Management experience
- Experience with Construction Contract Project Management (coordination, planning, scheduling, legal contracts, documentation, etc.)
- Experience with preparation of cost estimates, budgets, and budgetary requests
- Ability to prepare and supply detailed scope of work documents and RFQs
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of SLAM, Questica, DocAgent, AS400, Cobblestone software is an asset
- Knowledge of current building and construction codes and regulations, including directives, policies and practice relevant to the Federal and Provincial public sector
- Must be committed to health & safety in the workplace
- Must be capable of working independently and under pressure with minimum guidance or supervision
- Valid G drivers license
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal record check
- Employment references
- Education verification
CLOSING DATE: October 4, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.