POSITION: Asset Management Specialist (2 Year Contract)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Enterprise Asset Management
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 900 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Asset Management Specialist is responsible for defining, prioritizing, and accepting the ONTC asset management HxGN EAM/GIS software solution delivered by the EAM Program. The Asset Management Specialist will work in partnership with internal / external customers to identify user needs, help customers understand product business value and work with cross-functional teams to oversee and support the HxGN EAM/GIS product release. This position will ensure asset management features related to the HxGN EAM/GIS product supports departmental needs and make ONTC EAM goals and objectives a reality.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze their business needs and align HxGNEAM/GIS asset management product features to support required business unit needs
- Own and maintain the asset management HxGN EAM/GIS product roadmap
- Develop product scope and backlog items that will guide the HxGN EAM/GIS software development effort
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to keep work on track
- Define product objectives and success factors that will support achievement of EAM goals and objectives
- Develop a deep understanding of end-to-end customer experience requirements
- Gather input from end user stakeholders during product vision and concept development
- Assesses value, and prioritizes use case scenarios to ensure work focuses on features that will deliver maximum value that are aligned with ONTC EAM goals and objectives
- Help defines the minimally viable product that will deliver the best value to customers
- Develops and maintains an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Acts as a product champion and as the primary contact for questions related to the product
- Develops appropriately detailed requirements for product features so they can be translated to development
- Researches and analyzes market, the users, and roadmap for the product
- Supports the design and integration of the capital asset handover process
- Supports the development of asset management work flows and standard operating procedures
- Supports the implementation of the ONTC EAM data standard and execution of data collection
- Helps business units update asset management plans based on information from Infor EAM/GIS
- Participates in software design, acceptance testing, training development
- Participates in the delivery of training on asset management HxGN EAM/GIS functionality
- Ensures interdependencies are considered between asset management, work management, MRO materials management and other software products that comprise the asset information management system.
- Increases understanding of Agile practices, new technology opportunities and other new trends
- 25% travel to ONTC offices, subject to program demand
- Other duties as required
- Completion of a degree in Engineering, Economics, Business, Marketing or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in Asset Management, including, but not limited to: whole lifecycle cost modelling; asset investment planning; asset management performance monitoring; asset information management systems
- Knowledge of EAM, CMMS (Centralized Maintenance Management System), GIS, AIP, Document Management software products is preferred
- Experience in end user software design is preferred
- Asset Management Certification or Diploma is considered an asset
- Experience with capital asset handover procedures is a nice to have
- Understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with team members and customers
- Experience with defining software features and minimally viable products
- Knowledge about defining a software product roadmap
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Valid G driver’s license and the ability to travel
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: The successful candidate will need to pass the following clearances: criminal record check, employment references and education verification.
CLOSING DATE: March 22, 2023 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.