POSITION: Asset Knowledge and Performance Management Specialist
REPORTS TO: Manager, Enterprise Asset Management
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 900 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Asset Knowledge and Performance Management Specialist supports asset management planning and evidence-based decision-making including asset data and information, staff data management skills and information systems. This includes ensuring that Ontario Northland information management systems (HxGN EAM, mobile, GIS) are functional, integrated, stable and usable, and that asset management data and information is complete, verifiable and accurate. The Asset Knowledge and Performance Management Specialist is also responsible for tracking asset performance including condition assessments.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and develops asset management knowledge management processes and roadmap initiatives for the Enterprise during Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Program mobilization, including:
- Update and further develop the asset management data standard which includes: asset naming, asset and location hierarchy, equipment processes, asset tag and serialized equipment labelling, asset attribute definition, information handover to infrastructure maintainers, maintenance and MRO materials management data needs
- Define business requirements for HxGN EAM (Asset Management, Materials Management, Inventory/Procurement), mobile, GIS and deploy the solution to customer asset management groups and supporting corporate functions
- Support the development of related processes that are developed as part of the EAM target operating model
- Support the establishment of the asset management system target operating model (processes, procedures, guidelines, job aids)
- Support the development and deployment of EAM training for HxGN EAM, mobile end users
- Support the execution of data collection for asset register development
- Document and load preventative maintenance plans in HxGN EAM for asset management groups
- Leads and develops asset management knowledge management processes and roadmap initiatives for the Enterprise. Once EAM program is mobilized, this will include, but not limited to:
- Develops and maintains the Levels of Service (LOS) Framework for the Enterprise to track asset performance (condition assessment, availability, capacity etc.)
- Conducts asset knowledge gap analysis
- Develops and implements a knowledge management plan for ONTC
- Ensures asset data and information systems support the planning process
- Supports the planning and delivery of training on the Ontario Northland asset information management system
- Manages the intake and prioritization of asset information management system needs from business users
- Manages the sustainment program for the Ontario Northland asset information management system
- Leads the development of asset information strategies to fulfill business units’ information needs
- Identifies asset information management system skill and knowledge development requirements; provides input into the overall Asset Management Training Plan and deliver training as necessary
- Identifies need for necessary training updates based on emerging policies and regulations
- Supports quality assurance of asset data and information and continual improvement
- Manages the integration of third-party asset information systems, as required
- Oversees relationships with suppliers and subcontractors related to asset management information systems
- Interprets existing and emerging policies and regulations related to infrastructure Asset Management.
- Refines and develops new or revised policy-based SOPs, notices, process flows and operating procedures to create a Knowledge Management system
- Creates and maintains business process workflows and procedures used to train and provide guidance to asset management stakeholders and professionals at the Enterprise
- Perform other duties as required by the Manager of Asset Management
- Provides leadership in enabling strategic change and corporate vision to stimulate advances in governance, accountability, and the implementation of asset management and knowledge management best practices.
- Support people resource planning for Asset Knowledge and Performance initiatives, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements, and ensuring ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
- Manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in asset management or information management
- Prior experience related to knowledge management solutions
- Thorough knowledge of rail, remanufacturing and motor coach industries and applicable Legislation
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng), Certified Engineering Technician (CET), or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is preferred
- Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate or Diploma is preferred
- Proven experience as a customer-service leader with the ability to demonstrate value-add service delivery to key stakeholder and clients
- Proven experience in creating performance metrics and outcome measures to evaluate success
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to operational and administrative challenges and develop and implement recommendations for improvements to existing policies programs and processes
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and keen attention to detail
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including other project members
- Committed to Company Health & Safety
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: The successful candidate will need to pass the following clearances: criminal record check, employment references and education verification.
CLOSING DATE: March 19, 2023 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.