TITLE: Summer Student – Labourer (Signals Helper)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Signals
DIVISION: Rail Infrastructure
The Summer Student Labourer will report to the Manager, Signals. This position will work with a Signal Maintainer performing regular maintenance on Crossing Protections and Hot Box Detectors, which includes painting, bonding rail, straighten signal lights and cases and general housekeeping, as well as working alone performing administrative tasks. Operate all equipment and tools associated with the Signal Department, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform labour tasks as assigned (digging trenches, pulling cable, painting)
- Drive company vehicle to deliver parts and tools
- Review and file/organize documents
- Inventory equipment and parts
- Assist with maintenance and repair tasks as required.
- Must be registered for school in the Fall of 2019 and provide proof of attendance for the 2018-2019 school year
- Must possess a valid “G” Driver’s License
- Comply fully with all Safety Rules
- Electrical knowledge and experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Excel is an asset
- Good work ethic, energetic and enthusiastic
- Previous labour experience an asset
- Ability to work shift work and weekends
- Frequent lifting up to 50lbs
- Extended periods of standing & walking
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Walking and working over rough terrain and embankments
CLOSING DATE: March 24, 2019 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.