REPORTS TO: Stores Supervisor
LOCATION: North Bay
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Stores, the Storesperson will work to receive, document, organize, issue, pack and ship supplies and material used in operation of Ontario Northland.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Issues materials according to requisitions, receives materials according to purchase orders, and records transactions in a computer
- Ships and stores materials in appropriate location on shelves.
- Loads and unloads materials from or into railcars, trailers, and trucks (will be required to use material handling equipment)
- Conducts inventory counts
- Janitorial duties
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School (OSSD) Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED)
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team and safety-conscious environment
- Previous janitorial experience an asset
- Previous experience with a computerized purchasing inventory system an asset
- Previous experience operating a forklift an asset
- Committed to Company Health and Safety standards and practices
CLOSING DATE: September 22, 2019 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to email@example.com
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.