We are in search of Motor Coach Operators to work at our new facility located in Sault Ste. Marie. Operators will be responsible for operating a motor coach in a safe, efficient manner, between Sault Ste. Marie and Hearst, providing superior customer service while adhering to scheduled service. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and pension.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates coach in a safe manner, using defensive driving techniques, maintains schedule, and makes designated stops on assigned route.
- Servicing the new expansion routes between Sault Ste. Marie and Hearst.
- Inspects and prepares assigned coach for operation by performing a pre-trip inspection, adjusting seat, mirrors and seat belts; testing kneeler and wheelchair lift and equipping coach with needed supplies.
- Collects appropriate tickets through the operation of an electronic fare collection system.
- Complete accurate MTO Hour of Service Logs and adhere to MTO Hours of Service regulations.
- Inspects coach at the end of each shift for damage to the vehicle and lost articles, ensures all parcels were delivered, removes debris and other inappropriate items from the coach.
- Greets passengers in a friendly, courteous manner, provides information concerning routes, schedules and transfer points, assists passengers with the use of securement systems, ramps and lifts, and by other means as appropriate, including the announcement of arrival at major thoroughfares, facility and/or departure locations on a given route, using a microphone while operating the bus.
- Observes uniform regulations and/or other rules, policies and regulations as outlined by ONTC.
- Supervises the conduct of individuals accepted as passengers while riding the bus in accordance with ONTC policies and/or when present, at designated boarding and departure locations.
- Communicates with the Transportation Department concerning equipment, operational or passenger problems, or accidents by using a two-way radio and/or completing appropriate written reports.
- Completes accident or incident reports, on-the-job injury claims, surveys, and other required written materials in a timely manner.
- Must be punctual, reliable and maintain regular attendance in order to contribute individually to the efficient and effective delivery of transportation service to the general public.
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Valid B or C class driver’s license with a Z endorsement
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Superior customer service skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work schedule/shifts
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Knowledge and previous experience of Motor Coach Service industry is a definite asset
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) is an asset
CLOSING DATE: May 25, 2018 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.