TITLE: Summer Student – Housekeeper (1) – Cochrane Station Inn
REPORTS TO: Manager Passenger Services
The Summer Student Housekeeper is responsible for assisting with cleaning guest rooms, corridors, public areas (staircase and entrances), storage areas, laundry room, employee locker room, rest areas and other areas as deemed necessary. The incumbent also assists with responding to our guest requests in a courteous, timely and accurate manner. Providing excellent customer service is essential in this role, therefore, maintaining a friendly, helpful and professional image is required.
- Responsible for the customer experience at the Cochrane Station Inn.
- Ensures a well-kept, clean atmosphere to the guest room.
- Assist with cleaning rooms, changing and making beds, cleaning bathroom fixtures (sink, toilet and shower), cleaning fixtures and mirrors, replenishing supplies, cleaning walls, floors and baseboards.
- Participates in washing, drying and folding of all linen, in accordance with work procedures and guidelines.
- Helps with maintaining an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Assist with providing information about services available in the community and respond to guests' concerns.
- Participates in ensuring shift duties are followed in accordance with work procedures and policies.
- Assist with performing other related duties as assigned.
- Must be registered for school in the Fall of 2019
- Good work ethic, energetic and enthusiastic
- Previous cleaning/labour experience an asset
- Ability to work shift work and weekends
- Poses a positive helpful attitude.
- Previous customer service experience is an asset.
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with computer software programs an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in both official languages (English, French) and Cree would be an asset.
CLOSING DATE: March 18, 2019 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.