TITLE: Summer Student – Commissary Assistant (1)
REPORTS TO: Manager Passenger Services
The Commissary Assistant is responsible for assisting with the daily food service operations on the Polar Bear Express.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with food and liquor orders and deliveries, organize storage and ensure proper rotation.
- Assist with the daily delivery of supplies to food service cars when the PBX train is in operation.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors.
- Cross reference supplier invoices with actual order to ensure accuracy and payment.
- Assist with the coordination and transhipment of dining car contents when cars are pulled out of service.
- Assist with tracking and monitoring commissary inventory.
- Must be registered for school in the Fall of 2019
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Good work ethic, energetic and enthusiastic
- Previous cleaning/labour experience an asset
- Ability to work shift work and weekends
- Previous customer service experience is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in both official languages (English, French) and Cree would be an asset.
CLOSING DATE: March 18, 2019 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.