TITLE: Summer Student – Waiters (2) – On-Board Services
REPORTS TO: Manager Passenger Services
The Summer Student Waiter reports to the Manager Passenger Services. This position will be required perform some or all of the following duties.
- Assist with dining car activities including: food and beverage sales, daily menu ordering, and completion of remittance, passenger carrying, waste, time sheets, arrival and departure times and associated forms.
- Assist with sales and inventory of dining car food and beverages.
- Assist providing quality customer service including implementation of outlined procedures in the event of train delays and/or services disruption.
- Participates in dining car organization and general cleaning.
- Assist in the commissary and loading supplies onto the train
- Assist with customer complaints and information regarding train procedures and safety requirements.
- Must be registered for school in the Fall of 2019
- Good work ethic, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability to work shift work and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in food service and customer service is an asset
- Certificate in First Aid an asset
- Smart serve certificate required
- Must be available for on-call work
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Fluency in both official languages (English and French) is required
CLOSING DATE: March 18, 2019 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.