Ontario Northland provides reliable and comfortable motor coach transportation from Hearst to Toronto, Sault Ste. Marie, Ottawa, Sudbury and many points in between. Our motor coaches also provide shipping services via Bus Parcel Express, an affordable station-to-station delivery service with multiple daily departures.
Ontario Northland uses a reservation based system, similar to airlines. This enables us to predict demand for any given date, therefore allowing us to offer the best possible service to our customers. Customers may present either a printed paper ticket or electronic ticket (viewable on a mobile device) to the bus driver, along with government photo ID. Book your ticket today!
Tickets are also available for purchase at any Ontario Northland station or agency.
Passengers connecting on schedules operated by Greyhound Lines will need to purchase their ticket by visiting the Greyhound website or by calling 1.800.661.8747. Passengers connecting to GO Transit will need to purchase their ticket directly from GO Transit. Ontario Northland also connects with Kasper Transportation and tickets can be booked directly from Kasper Transportation.
Passengers are welcome to check two pieces of baggage at no charge for storage in the compartment underneath the bus. Be sure that your luggage is tagged with your name, phone number and destination. All baggage must weigh less than 50 pounds (23 kg) and not be larger than 24 inches (61 cm) in depth, 24 inches (61 cm) in width and 45 inches (114 cm) in length (except snowboards, skis and ski poles). For your convenience, Ontario Northland will check two additional pieces of baggage at $5 each. If you require checking more pieces of baggage, you will be charged the BPX (Bus Parcel Express) rate.
Please note: As of October 17, 2018 passengers will be permitted to check one (1) piece of baggage at no charge, and up to two (2) additional checked bags for $15 each.
Each passenger is welcome to carry-on one piece of baggage, weighing no more than 15 pounds (7 kg).
If you are transferring to another carrier enroute, you will need to collect your baggage and re-check it with the connecting carrier.
Bicycles must be checked as baggage and meet the following criteria:
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure the bike is packaged properly and ready for loading onto the bus at departure time.
- Ontario Northland will not be held liable for damage that may occur during transport, as we cannot verify the contents prior to packaging. If you wish to purchase insurance, the bike must be shipped via Bus Parcel Express and freight charges will apply.
- Passenger pays a fee of $20 plus HST to check the bike as baggage.
- The bike charge is valid for a one-way trip on Ontario Northland lines only. If connecting to another carrier, please contact the carrier directly for their information on shipping bikes.
- Bike boxes are available for purchase, at an additional cost of $25.00 plus HST, at select stations. Please call us at 1-800-461-8558 to confirm bike box availability. If no bike boxes are available at your departure location, we will make every effort to ship a box to your nearest Ontario Northland station or agency, in advance of your departure date.
For further information, please call one of our helpful customer service agents at 1-800-461-8558.
Traveling with Special Needs
Ontario Northland is able to accommodate most wheeled mobility devices on our services. Many of our motor coaches are equipped with an elevator platform to accommodate passengers with reduced mobility or those in a wheelchair. If you require a wheelchair accessible coach, please make your reservation at least 48 hours in advance by calling 1.800.461.8558. Ontario Northland also provides complimentary travel for attendants.
Connecting to the Complimentary Wi-Fi
Access the web while you travel on the bus by activating the Wi-Fi function on your device or computer and finding the network indicated by the bus number (example ONTC-5482). If there is an issue with the connection please speak to the driver and ask for the hotspot to be reset.
If you are in a station, please select the “ONTC_WIFI” wireless network and connect.
AIR MILES® Reward Miles
Customers can get AIR MILES® Reward Miles when purchasing passenger tickets for our bus service.
For bus service, get 1 Mile for every $20.00 spent. Not valid for group purchases or warrant purchases.
®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Ontario Northland Transportation Commission.
Safety and Security
Ontario Northland is committed to providing a safe and pleasant environment for all its passengers and employees. Disrespectful or unsafe behaviour will not be tolerated on board Ontario Northland transportation services or in our stations. To find out more view our On Board Policies and Passenger Code of Conduct.