- Ontario Northland is featured alongside Canadian Pacific (CP) Railway in Discovery’s new original Canadian series “Rocky Mountain Railroad”. The all-new, eight-part series premieres Monday, March 5th at 10pm ET on Discovery and will tell the stories of railroad crews battling tough winter weather and rough terrain to keep Canada’s critical freight and passenger trains moving.
- (North Bay, Ontario) New line boring equipment recently obtained by Ontario Northland positions the company as the only railway in Canada offering in-house line boring capabilities to external customers.
- Ontario Northland has expanded its bus service westward to include Espanola, Sault Ste Marie, Wawa, White River and many communities in between. The new routes will make life easier for Northerners by connecting our passengers to hospitals and college and university campuses.
- Ontario Northland will increase bus service between Hearst and Timmins (via Cochrane) to seven days per week effective immediately.
- (NORTH BAY) Ontario Northland will be launching a Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) motor coach as part of its fleet starting in July 2017. The pilot project is in partnership with Motor Coach Industries (MCI), Union Gas, Envoy Energy, WSP and Change Energy, the global environmental and sustainability consultant conducting the feasibility study on the initiative.
- Englehart, ON – Ontario Northland’s Spike Driving Competition is returning for a second year and promises to be just as entertaining and competitive as the last. Ontario Northland is inviting everyone to celebrate the rich history of the railway in Northeastern Ontario by participating or attending the competition on Saturday, June 10th at 12pm at the Englehart Station.
- (North Bay) Ontario Northland will be offering service from Sudbury to Ottawa three days per week as of Thursday, January, 21st.
- (NORTH BAY) Ontario Northland is pleased to announce that Grant Bailey has accepted the position of Vice President of Rail.