As of September 28, 2020 Ontario Northland will require all customers and employees to wear a face covering or non-medical mask at all times when travelling on the Polar Bear Express.
The health and safety of passengers and employees is our number one priority. Passengers can expect increased safety and hygiene practices while travelling on our service.
- All passengers will be required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering at all times. Children under the age of two (2) and people with difficulty breathing unrelated to COVID-19 should not use face coverings or non-medical masks.
- The dining car will not be in service and passengers will not be able to move from car to car.
- Passengers will be screened prior to boarding which consists of speaking with an Ontario Northland employee to answer a questionnaire.
- The passenger cars have enhanced cleaning protocols including intense cleaning after use. Additionally, an anti-microbial spray has been applied to all passenger coaches.
- Limiting the number of seats available per coach to ensure physical distancing.
Ontario Northland strongly encourages travel for essential reasons only (i.e. medical appointments) and to refrain from travelling for recreational reasons.
Ontario Northland provides the only land link to the James Bay Coast connecting Cochrane and Moosonee, an essential transportation service.