Under the direction of the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Vice President of Rail provides strategic leadership oversight to the operation of train services throughout the entire Ontario Northland rail system to meet the highest standards for safety, efficiency, and legal, regulatory, and policy compliance, while delivering an excellent customer experience. This includes the operation of our Polar Bear Express passenger train, as well as rail freight and contract services on our 700 mile track system.
- The safe, efficient and cost-effective operation of all Rail Division departments, which encompass equipment maintenance, freight marketing, rail infrastructure and train operations for the Company’s rail passenger and freight operations
- Strategic planning and the preparation of business and multi year capital plans; these plans will encompass future infrastructure requirements in maintenance, new projects, work equipment replacement and capital budgets.
- Working productively with employees, unions, customers, communities and other stakeholders
- University degree or equivalent education/experience in the rail business
- Considerable managerial experience at a senior level is required.
- Experience in dealing with collective agreements in a unionized environment
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must have thorough technical and practical knowledge of railway operations, construction and maintenance
- Will be committed to safety and health in the workplace
- Some travel requirements are expected of this position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.