POSITION: Supervisor Motive Power Maintenance (2)
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager Operations – Diesel Shop
DEPARTMENT: Diesel Shop
LOCATION: North Bay
The Supervisor - Motive Power Maintenance is responsible for supervising unionized staff involved in the maintenance and repair of railway motive power under the jurisdiction of the Rail Division-Mechanical Department. Direct staff responsibilities include the supervision of approximately 25 unionized staff.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs and controls his/her work area within the locomotive shop to meet planned and day-to-day workload demands in accordance with prescribed schedules, specifications and procedures
- Works in cooperation with other supervisors and departments in scheduling and planning the maintenance and repair of motive power
- Ensures collective agreement is adhered to
- Ensures staff are properly trained in the duties they are to perform
- Completes all necessary administrative duties associated with the position including performance management plans, computer system entries to track maintenance costs, etc
- Responsible for ensuring work is completed in accordance with AAR, Transport Canada and other regulatory standards
- Investigates operational problems as required and initiates corrective action
- Ensures employees work safely and efficiently in a positive work environment
- The requirement for additional time to be spent on the job beyond the normal working hours is a possibility which will include after hour calls
- Develops methods and techniques for productivity improvements and ensures work conforms to Ontario Northland and all other applicable specifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Post Secondary education and/or certification in related trade
- Two years’ experience in rail industry
- Must have sound knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems as they apply to railway equipment components, and facilities
- Trade Certification in either Railway Car Technician (268R), Electrician – Construction and Maintenance 309A, Automotive Service Technician 310S, Truck and Coach Technician 310T or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician 421A
- Previous supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Good working knowledge of computers
- Must be committed to company health & safety
- Shift work is a requirement of the position
- Valid “G” driver’s license
CLOSING DATE: June 16, 2019 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.