The Supervisor Metal Fabrication has responsibility to ensure the safe, efficient and timely completion of internal orders and repairs. The Supervisor Metal Fabrication will liaise with the fabrication employees, internal stakeholders, engineering and vendors to ensure accurate and timely production and delivery of materials.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise unionized metal fabrication staff
- Ensure employees comply with all Health and Safety regulations within the workplace
- Ensure inventory and record integrity
- Prioritize work assignments from various stakeholders
- Ensure efficiency is upheld within work area and suggest improvements
- Provide training and instruction for unionized staff, evaluate performance, coach and train as required
- Liaise with other department representatives
- Other duties as required
- Minimum five to ten years experience working in a Metal Fabrication environment
- Minimum Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Education Diploma (GED), post-secondary education would be considered an asset
- Certification in related trade an asset
- Possess or have the ability to obtain CWB Certification
- Previous supervisory experience with proven leadership skills
- Must be a results oriented team player
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience adhering to quality control standards with excellent attention to detail
- Experience managing within a unionized environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Committed to Company Health and Safety standards and practices
- Good working knowledge of computers (MS Outlook, Excel, Enrich, AS400 WO System is considered an asset)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Previous experience supervising project work is considered an asset
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2018 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.