Under the supervision of the Director Rail Infrastructure, the Superintendent Rail Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the structures, track and roadway system.
- Develop and manage various infrastructure capital programs (Bridges, Culverts, Rail and Tie renewal, etc.)
- Develop and manage the day to day execution of all approved capital programs
- Ensure that work is completed safely and efficiently
- Review and coordinate the numerous project requests as received from all rail divisions and ensure that these requests are prioritized, and that their completion provides a value-added component for the Company and the department’s viability in regards to long term sustainability
- Develop and maintain a repository of critical documents/records of schedules for programs performed for each work season
- Closely monitor hired contractors for compliance with contract documents and ensure service provided meets Ontario Northlands needs.
- Plans, organizes, assigns duties and supervises to provide for the efficient, economical and successful completion of:
- engineering design and specifications
- surveying, drafting and cost estimating
- contract administration and supervision of consultants
- maintenance of engineering and other technical records
- culvert and bridge engineering inspections
- Work closely with the Superintendent Maintenance of Way in the timely and effective completion of all contract work, and in managing the completion of the tasks and demands that stem from contracted services such as track geometry and rail induction testing
- Liaise with the District Managers and the Superintendent Maintenance of Way in developing a productive working environment that promotes teamwork and group success in maintenance standards and industry best practices
- Work closely with the Superintendent Maintenance of Way in ensuring departmental needs are met without failures or duplication of services
- Develop and maintain a plan for upcoming capital requirements required for maintaining the integrity of the rail infrastructure system
- Actively participate in all facets of labour relations initiatives, including regular scheduled meetings, grievance responses, arbitrations, negotiations etc.
- Respond to union concerns in a timely and courteous manner
- Ten (10) years of railway operating experience in the Rail Infrastructure/Maintenance of Way field
- Three (3) to five (5) years managerial experience
- Capable of capital and operating Budget preparation and management
- Committed to company health and safety
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and influencing skills
- Thorough technical and practical knowledge of railway standards and railway construction and maintenance practices
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Significant time and travel requirements are expected of this position
- Subject to calls 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Subject to work in all weather conditions and to travel over rough terrain, embankments and bridges to attend worksites and emergency situations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.