The Spare Rail Traffic Controller (RTC) reports to the Manager Rail Traffic Control. This position will be required to cover vacancies in the Rail Traffic Control Office.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient movement of trains and other on-track equipment on the system
- Ensuring that the Canadian Rail Operating Rules and other instructions are adhered to in all cases
- Maintaining accurate and timely information including incident/accident reports, logs, etc.
- Maintain verbal communication with train crews, track maintenance crews, mechanical department, telecommunications staff, management and other railways
- Committed to Company Health and Safety
- Completion of Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Qualified (or have the willingness to qualify) in the Canadian Rail Operating Rules examination and undergo color, vision, hearing assessment
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Work efficiently under pressure
- Possess strong record keeping skills
- Obey rules and regulations
- Available for shift work, including weekends, statutory holidays and irregular assignments
- Computer skills involving Windows operating systems is essential
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Requires good organizational skills
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in both official languages (English and French)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.