Under the direction of the Chief Mechanical Officer, District Manager and Supervisor, Passenger Services, the Spare Office Clerk is responsible for providing clerical support to the Rail Mechanical, Rail Infrastructure and Passenger Services Divisions in Cochrane.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keying, editing, proofreading and finalizing correspondence, preparing reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations and other documents from notes, using computers
- Data entry such as Time Tracking and Daily TIR.
- Respond to electronic inquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Answering, screening and forwarding telephone calls; responding to inquiries from internal and external sources and providing various information
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Prepare and maintain reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
- Send and receive messages and documents by fax or electronic mail
- May sort, process and verify receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- May order office supplies, service office equipment and arrange for servicing
- May perform a variety of clerical duties such as calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
Must have a Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent; completion of college business and/or accounting/bookkeeping, office administration courses, are considered an asset
Computer skills involving Windows operating systems is essential
Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel, Word and Outlook)
Experience with general business equipment
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
Possess excellent typing, grammar, spelling and proofreading abilities
Requires good organizational skills and must be a self-starter
Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work with minimum supervision
Ability to work in a confidential environment
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in both official languages (English and French)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.