The incumbent is responsible for cleaning various areas, assisting front desk coverage, and responding to our guest requests in a courteous, timely and accurate manner. Providing excellent customer service is essential in this role.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the customer experience at the Cochrane Station Inn
- Ensures a well-kept, clean atmosphere to the guest room
- Assist with cleaning rooms, changing and making beds, cleaning bathroom fixtures (sink, toilet and shower), cleaning fixtures and mirrors, replenishing supplies, cleaning walls, floors and baseboards
- Participates in washing, drying and folding of all linen, in accordance with work procedures and guidelines
- Assist with reporting to front office regarding supplies required for cleaning rooms and replenishing in-room supplies (bathroom tissue, facial tissues, coffee, tea etc.). Advise front office at least one week in advance to ensure items will be available when needed
- Required to wear provided uniforms.
- Helps with maintaining an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Assist with registering arriving guests and assigning rooms
- Participates in answering enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by email, telephone and in person
- Assist with providing information about services available in the community and respond to guests' concerns
- Helps with guests check-out. Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment
- Assist with compiling and checking daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Assist with ensuring that cash float is balanced and accounted for during shift
- Participates in ensuring shift duties are followed in accordance with work procedures and policies
- Assist with performing other related duties as assigned
- Good work ethic, energetic and enthusiastic
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School diploma (OSSD) or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Previous cleaning/labour experience an asset
- Ability to work shift work and weekends
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Familiarity with computer software programs an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Committed to Company Health and Safety
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in both official languages (English, French) and Cree would be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.