POSITION: Spare Express Freight Services Worker
REPORTS TO: Supervisor Express Freight
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Services
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains timely and accurate inventory records for Yard, Train & Express activities based on communication with operating crews and other external and internal customers
- Communicates with customers through personal contact and telephone, providing rates, shipping details and timelines including the preparation of waybills/reports and their subsequent delivery
- Performs warehouse duties ensuring local freight is placed for delivery and transship freight is dispatched to correct outbound cars (weighing up to 75 pounds)
- Weighs outgoing traffic at scale and ensures these details are correctly entered on waybills
- Loads and unloads customers’ prepaid vehicles on designated flat cars secured in accordance with current standards and collects revenue as required
- Loads and unloads customers’ baggage in designated baggage/line cars and baggage kiosks
- Customer Service Unit duties as required
- Janitorial responsibilities at the Cochrane Station, Express and Yard offices
- Performs above and such other duties as required by Management
- Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in (English, French and Cree)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Sound working knowledge of computers and appropriate keyboarding skills.
- Available for shift work
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized warehouse equipment
- Committed to Company Health and Safety standards and practices
- Railway experience would be an asset
CLOSING DATE: July 20, 2020 no later than 11:59 p.m.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting a current resume and covering letter (provided in one document) quoting: Reference 500-35-21 to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.