POSITION: Spare Express Freight Services Worker
REPORTS TO: Supervisor Express Freight
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Services
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains timely and accurate inventory records for Yard, Train & Express activities based on communication with operating crews and other external and internal customers.
- Communicates with customers through personal contact and telephone, providing rates, shipping details and timelines including the preparation of waybills/reports and their subsequent delivery.
- Performs warehouse duties ensuring local freight is placed for delivery and transship freight is dispatched to correct outbound cars (weighing up to 75 pounds).
- Weighs outgoing traffic at scale and ensures these details are correctly entered on waybills.
- Loads and unloads customers’ prepaid vehicles on designated flat cars secured in accordance with current standards and collects revenue as required.
- Loads and unloads customers’ baggage in designated baggage/line cars and baggage kiosks.
- Customer Service Unit duties as required.
- Janitorial responsibilities at the Moosonee Station, Express and Yard offices.
- Performs above and such other duties as required by Management.
- Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in (English, French and Cree).
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Sound working knowledge of computers and appropriate keyboarding skills.
- Available for shift work.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized warehouse equipment.
- Committed to Company Health and Safety standards and practices.
- Railway experience would be an asset
CLOSING DATE: February 14, 2019 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.