The Shop Foreman will be accountable for scheduled maintenance of the motor coach fleet in compliance with MTO requirements so as to provide safe, uninterrupted service to ONTC customers.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that all motor coach equipment is properly maintained and serviced to ensure the safety of all staff and passengers.
- Complete mechanical duties to industry standards of safety and efficiency
- Assist in the completion of annual safety inspection of all buses in compliance with MTO requirements
- Assist in the completion of forms associated with the annual safety inspection of buses
- Maintain a log on all vehicles itemizing all repairs and associated costs
- Establish optimal inventory levels by branch, product and season, ensuring availability at a minimum investment
- Track delivery schedules and receipt of all purchases
- Prepare work orders, maintenance reports and reviews all pre-trip inspection sheets
- Monitor data in the AS400 system with correct pricing, parts numbers and min/max on parts in consultation with Stores Department to ensure adequate levels are met
- Ensure the generation of Purchasing Orders for all purchasing activities
- Responsible for filing and submission of all warranty claims for damaged, short or missing items
- Ensure all warranty claims are processed through the specified/appropriate vendors
- Responsible for organizing and monitoring warranty projects set out by the bus manufacturers
- Demonstrate good judgement, has the ability to problem solve and communicate relevant changes
- Other duties and tasks as required by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Provides daily direction to motor coach mechanics
- Ensures mechanics are trained with respect to regulatory issues, mechanical technology and corporate initiatives.
- Schedules motor coach mechanics annual vacation relief.
- Must be available for after hours and weekends when required
- Valid 310T Truck & Coach Technician Certificate of Qualification
- CZ license an asset
- Knowledge of the motor coach industry an asset
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements and laws respecting maintenance and environmental controls
- Computer literacy and proficiency
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must work well under pressure with very short timelines
- Problem solving skills essential
- Experience in planning and scheduling
- Committed to company health and safety
- Ability to travel (North Bay, Timmins, Sault Ste. Marie)
- Have a solid understanding of collective agreements
CLOSING DATE: May 23, 2018 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.