- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities on the Polar Bear Express train between Cochrane and Moosonee.
- Ensure food meets quality standards.
- Estimate food requirements.
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen areas and dishes.
- Responsible for providing quality customer service including implementation of outlined procedures in the event of train delays and/or services disruption.
- Assist in the commissary and loading supplies onto the train.
- Spare board availability 2 hours prior to train scheduled departure times.
- Completion of secondary school diploma (or recognized equivalent) required
- Three years cooking experience or two years of experience plus a culinary certificate
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle cash
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform different functions simultaneously (multi-tasking)
- Strong teamwork skills
- Smart serve certificate required.
- Must be available for on-call work
- Committed to Company Health and Safety
- Certificate in First Aid an asset
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in both official languages (English and French).
- Safe food handing certificate is an asset
- Requires frequent travel on board train
- Requires weekend and statutory holiday work
CLOSING DATE: May 23, 2017 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals may apply in writing with a current resume.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.