Railway Car Technicians inspect, maintain, repair, and remanufacture railway passenger cars, freight cars and their components.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and test rail car equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance work
- Work from blueprints
- Use hand tools and various testing devices and instruments
- Operate equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist with assignments
- Adapt to new methods, processes, material and equipment
- Follow prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
- May work various shifts and on weekends and some work outdoors in adverse weather
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School (OSS) Graduation Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED)
- Certificate of Qualification as Railway Car Technician 268R or within final year of apprenticeship in the same identified trade
- Demonstrated mechanical inclination
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety codes and has demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious manner
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and walk on rough terrain
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.