Reporting to the Director of Operations of the Remanufacturing and Repair Centre, the role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Support the Director of Operations in the initialization and planning of continuous improvement projects.
- Take a lead role in promoting and improving quality assurance processes, expectations, and results within projects.
- Value stream mapping processes to identify areas of improvement.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Design, develop and document administrative and production processes to help improve safety, quality and efficiency.
- Diagnose Operations processes to identify areas of improvement.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
- College diploma or university degree in technical/business related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project and process development and execution.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
- Experience with Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) and related tools such as Microsoft Visio/Mind Mapping.
- Proficient with corporate computer software.
- Proficiency in training, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience developing and delivering training materials, courses and programs an asset.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to work with team members of all technical and project management skill level.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- PMP/CAPM designation considered an asset.
- Formal training and/or certification in Lean Six Sigma considered an asset.
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Some travel required in Ontario Northland service area.
CLOSING DATE: March 20, 2017 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter, resume and Certificate of Qualification (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.