Metal Fabricators (Fitters) create, install, fabricate and repair sheet metal products for the Remanufacturing and Repair Centre.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completely and independently plans, lays out, repairs, dismantles, rebuilds, maintains, installs, fabricates sheet metal components such as ducts, bins, hoppers, chutes, shields, guards, ventilation systems, screens, stacks, exhaust hoods, etc. In general the sheet metal used is 14 gauge in thickness or more
- Fabrication including shearing, forming, punching, drilling, soldering, necessary stiffener and supporting members
- Uses hand tools or electric welding in the performance of Sheet Metal Worker’s work
- Works from various types of sheet metal or substitutes materials
- Works from blueprints, sketches, manufacturer’s patterns, and construction specifications
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment; and all other work generally recognized as Sheet Metal Worker’s work
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School (OSS) Graduation Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED)
- Must have a valid Certificate of Qualification (Metal Fabricator (Fitter) 437A)
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team and safety-conscious environments
- Ability to read blueprints and do layouts working to close tolerance
- Committed to Company Health and Safety
- Working knowledge of boilers and pressure vessels would be considered an asset
- Shift work is a requirement of the position
CLOSING DATE: September 16, 2018 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.