Under the direction of the controller, the manager of revenue is responsible for the billing, collection and settlement of various revenue streams corporate-wide including Passenger Revenue, Bus Parcel Express (BPX), Remanufacturing and Repair Centre (RRC), Freight, and other. In the first phase of this position, the Manager of Revenue will focus on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of processing Passenger and BPX revenues then incorporate RRC, Freight and other revenue transactions.
- Ensures efficient and accurate rating, billing, collection, accounting and settlement of all revenue streams in accordance with established contracts (customer, agencies, etc.), settlements (railroad, interline, etc.) and tariffs according to industry and Ministry/Federal rules and regulations.
- Initiates process and procedural reviews to enhance computer and accounting systems to align with best practices in the industry and becomes the leader in their design, development and implementation. Responsible for the oversight, review and development of audit control processes.
- Prepare/monitor (financial and statistical) analytical reports and submit/present to various users (internal and external.) Monitor, analyze and make recommendations complete with rationale for “what-if” scenarios requested by the Operating Groups or Senior Management.
- Provides guidance concerning the interpretation and application of published tariffs and contracts, obtains missing rate authorities, takes corrective action on billing related issues and coordinates settlement of damage claims with interline carriers.
- Initiates and actively participates in various service improvements in order maximize customer satisfaction for internal and external customers.
- Coordinates use of general ledger chart of accounts for proper methods of reporting financial information. Formulate, prescribe and enforce accounting policies, principles, practices, and methods of accounting controls. Interface with external auditors.
- Prepares journal entries relative to revenue, keep cost projects, contract work, insurance claims, and other recoverable items. Prepare adjusting journal entries at month-end and at year-end closing. Complete monthly and year-end reconciliations of various general ledger accounts to source documents.
- Traces and corresponds with customers respecting outside accounts and effects corrective action to resolve and collect. Ensures that correspondence from all customers and disputes involving rates and interline settlements are handled in an expeditious fashion.
- Direct staff responsibilities including the supervision and management of 4-5 unionized employees.
- Performs other duties as required by the Controller.
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA, CA or CPA, CMA or CPA, CGA designation is an asset.
- Strong computer skills especially the use of Microsoft Excel. Experience needed in downloading and manipulating data. AS400 and Sequel or other “query” based computer software training or experience are a definite asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, planning, coordinating, organizing and time management skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Thinks strategically and critically. Evaluates, synthesizes and interrelates information from internal and external sources when solving problems and making decisions.
- Knowledge of Passenger Revenue (fare-based revenue), Rail freight, Remanufacturing and Motor Coach service industry is a definite asset.
CLOSING DATE: May 25, 2017 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.