Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the HR Manager is a highly influential role that makes a critical contribution to the organization, delivering both strategic and operational HR outcomes to support business strategy. Leading a team of HR professionals, the HR Manager drives the effective and efficient operation of HR processes and programs, including compensation & benefits, recruitment & selection, disability management & attendance support, performance management, leadership development, and succession planning. The HR Manager ensures best practices and compliance with established legislation, demonstrating leadership in developing strategies to successfully attract, develop, motivate, and retain staff in support of Ontario Northland business needs. As a member of the Human Resources Management team, the Manager works closely with the Health & Safety Manager and the Labour & Employee Relations Manager to develop, deliver, and administer people practices that support a highly engaged and innovative workforce.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement HR strategies to foster engagement, retention, and quality of work life
- Proactively partner with organizational leaders on human resources matters by advising on human resource solutions to organizational issues
- Guide the HR staff in providing consistent advice and coaching to Managers on recruitment & selection, employee learning & development, performance management, disability management, and compensation
- Develop strong disability management, return to work, and attendance support programs and practices
- Lead the non-union compensation program, including job evaluation system, salary structure and pay practices
- Manage the plan selection and administration of all employee benefit programs, including extended health, dental, life, leaves of absence, and service recognition awards
- Ensure consistent HRIS data management processes to support the analysis and improvement of HR metrics/KPIs
- Completion of post-secondary program in human resources, or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Professional certification in Human Resources Management (CHRP/CHRL/CHRE)
- 8 -10 years progressively responsible experience in Human Resources in a fast-paced, complex unionized environment
- Certified Employee Benefits (CEBS) or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation (or working towards) an asset
- Strong leadership skills with experience planning and implementing Human Resources programs, policies and procedures
- Experience in the selection and administration of employee benefits programs such as extended health, dental, short-term & long-term disability, and employee assistance
- Knowledge and understanding of disability management and attendance support program best practices and legislative issues, with experience in the ongoing case management of health-related absences; development and implementation of an attendance support program an asset
- Experience managing a comprehensive compensation strategy (including job evaluation systems, salary structures, and pay practices for compensation programs) that attracts, retains, motivates and rewards a high performance workforce; knowledge of Hay job evaluation methodology an asset
- Proven experience developing and maintaining strong ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including staff, management, union leadership, medical providers, insurance carriers, legal representatives, and consultants
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing in an ever-changing environment
- Experience with coaching and mediation through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Experience working with a HRIS and disability management/attendance support software
- Ability to exercise appropriate levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.