Under the direction of the Senior Manager Bus Operations, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the preventative/planned maintenance, mechanical and safety programs for Ontario Northland’s Motor Coach division including supervising unionized staff involved with the maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities.
- Plans, directs and controls his/her area within the Motor Coach Services department to meet planned and day-to-day work load demands in accordance with prescribed schedules, specifications and procedures.
- Works in cooperation with other supervisors and departments in scheduling and planning of the maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Develops methods and techniques for productivity improvements and ensures work adheres to Ontario Northland, MTO and all other applicable regulatory standards and specifications.
- Ensures proper workforce levels are maintained to meet the workload.
- Investigates operational problems as required and initiates corrective action. Corrects or changes work procedures and/or methods as required to maintain equipment and facilities to the highest standards.
- Ensures the collective agreement is adhered to.
- Investigates and completes all accident report forms. Recommends improvements, changes, training, and/or discipline.
- Ensures that all staff are properly trained in the duties they are to perform including regulatory issues, mechanical technology and corporate initiatives.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations within the workplace.
- Holds regular meetings with staff to deal with safety related issues.
- Completes all necessary administrative duties associated with the position including performance management plans, computer system entries to track equipment maintenance costs, etc.
- The requirement for additional time to be spent on the job beyond the normal working hours is a real possibility which will include after hour calls.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Mechanical Aptitude – Certificate of Qualification as Truck and Coach Technician 310T required.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership experience.
- Five years of experience in the industry.
- Must have sound knowledge of mechanical systems as they apply to motor coach equipment, components, and facilities.
- Excellent communication an organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully work independently and make sound decisions under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven computer skills are required including AS400 software as an asset.
- CZ license considered an asset.
CLOSING: March 24, 2017 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.