The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising unionized staff involved with the maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities under the jurisdiction of the Mechanical and Refurbishment Division and other departments as requested. Direct staff responsibilities include the supervision of approximately 10 unionized employees.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, directs and controls his/her area within the Maintenance Department to meet planned and day-to-day work load demands in accordance with prescribed schedules, specifications and procedures
- Works in cooperation with other supervisors and departments in scheduling and planning of the maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Develops methods and techniques for productivity improvements and ensures work conforms to Ontario Northland and all other applicable specifications
- Investigates operational problems as required and initiates corrective action. Corrects or changes work procedures and/or methods as required to maintain equipment and facilities to the highest standards
- Ensures the collective agreement is adhered to
- Investigates and completes all accident report forms. Recommends improvements, changes, training, and/or discipline
- Ensures that staff are properly trained in the duties they are to perform
- Ensures employees work safely and efficiently in a positive work environment
- Holds regular meetings with staff to deal with safety related issues
- Completes all necessary administrative duties associated with the position including performance management plans, computer system entries to track equipment maintenance costs, etc.
- The requirement for additional time to be spent on the job beyond the normal working hours is a real possibility which will include after hour calls (i.e. sprinkler and fire alarms system alarms, powerhouse alarms, oil/water Separator alarms and security calls)
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary education and/or certification in related trade
- Experience in the Rail industry will be considered an asset
- Must have sound knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and knowledge of railway equipment, components, and facilities would be an asset
- Previous supervisory experience will be considered an asset
- Good working knowledge of computers
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
CLOSING DATE: July 15, 2018 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.