Under the direction of the Financial Analyst – Team Lead, the Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing, monitoring and reporting on financial and statistical information to internal and external users.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and monitor, financial and statistical, analytical reports.
- Submit and present to various users (internal and external) financial reports.
- Monitor, analyze and make recommendations complete with a rational for “what-if” scenarios requested by the Operating Groups or Senior Management.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget for various Divisions.
- Monitor and report, in writing to the appropriate manager, the month-to-month fluctuations and the budget-to-actual variances in various accounts.
- Monitor and close select capital expenditures in accordance to the annual Capital Plan.
- Review proposed service contracts and provide financial recommendations and rational to senior management as to which proposal provides value-for-money for services outlined in the contract.
- Coordinate use of general ledger chart of accounts and advise proper methods of reporting financial and statistical information for various divisions through communication with senior management.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries at month-end and at year-end closing.
- Assist in the transfer of and recording of journal entries at month-end and year-end closes.
- Ensure proper reconciliations are completed by other departments for various general ledger accounts such as freight revenue.
- Complete monthly and year-end reconciliations of various general ledger accounts to source documents.
- Assist with month-end and year-end consolidation and financial reporting.
- Find efficiencies and improvements, whether it be saving in cost or time, within the Finance department.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required by the Financial Analyst – Team Lead and Controller.
- University degree or college diploma in Business Administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA, CA or CPA, CMA or CGA designation is an asset.
- Strong computer skills are a must – especially the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience needed in downloading and manipulating data.
- AS400 and Sequel or other “query” based computer software training are a definite asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, planning, coordinating, organizing and time management skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Thinks strategically and critically.
- Evaluates, synthesizes and interrelates information from internal and external sources when solving problems and making decisions.
- Knowledge of Rail and Motor Coach service industry is a definite asset.
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety standards and expectations.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have a Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
CLOSING DATE: March 22, 2017 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.