Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent Maintenance of Way, responsible for routine, programmed and preventative maintenance and repairs to the track structure and right-of-way.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for routine, programmed and preventative maintenance and repairs to the track structure and right-of-way, including budgetary responsibility and adherence to standard practices and procedures over the assigned territory.
- Direct responsibilities include approximately 186 miles of track between Cochrane and Moosonee and 153 miles of track between Cochrane, Kapuskasing, Hearst, Calstock. The position also has responsibility for the yards at Cochrane, Moosonee, Kapuskasing and Hearst as well as the Agrium Spur.
- The position manages three track inspectors, one B&B employee, one clerical position and various track forces.
- Regularly deals with Cities, Townships, and Government agencies.
- Possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in civil engineering or equivalent work experience obtained as a Track Inspector, Track Foreman or Extra Gang Foreman or other related experience (minimum 8 years)
- Completion of track maintenance training would be an asset
- Have a thorough technical knowledge in track construction and maintenance practices and standards and be capable of adapting to changing plans and priorities to meet workload
- Available to travel frequently - up to 60% of the time and work if called 24 hours, 7 days per week for response to all emergencies
- Physically able to walk and climb over rough terrain, embankments and bridges in all weather conditions
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Good computer skills are a definite asset
- Qualified (or able to qualify) in Canadian Rail Operating Rules in a short period of time
- Must have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday December 27, 2017 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.