Under the direction of the Manager Business Analysis and PMO, the Business Process Analyst’s role is to devise and design business process requirements for all company related business, financial, and operations services critical to core organizational functions. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. The Business Process Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes and operational procedures. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of organizational investments and to assist in implementing new and continuously improving services.
Strategy & Planning
- Chart new and existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures, models and continuous service improvement.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organization.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of process analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking action.
- Communicate and educate customers regarding the Corporate Service Catalogue.
- Define and continuously improve process as part of overarching Corporate Service Management strategy utilizing ITIL, Lean Six Sigma, IIBA and related quality and service management frameworks, standards and practices.
- Anticipate client needs before they arise and present innovative solutions.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new services, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Prepare business cases.
- Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to programmers.
- Develop budgets and time frames for process changes in order to support company objectives.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes and services, and other post-implementation support.
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Understands the organization's direction, structure, and general business requirements.
- Analyzes the organization's industry and competitive position.
- Documents and analyzes required information and data.
- Prepares requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or management information systems
- 5 years related work experience
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies and mainframe applications
- Practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts
- Experience with MS Visio (or similar software) for process mapping
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, server, telecommunications systems, including i5 OS and Windows and related standards and protocols
- Certification in ITIL, PMP, Lean Six Sigma an asset
- Certification with IIBA and familiarity with BABOK an asset (candidates may be required to obtain IIBA certification)
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer service orientation
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document) stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources. Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.