TITLE: Administrative Assistant – Executive Office
REPORTS TO: Manager of Governance and Privacy
DEPARTMENT: Legal Services/Executive
LOCATION: North Bay
Under the direction of the Manager of Governance and Privacy, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and confidential support to the Executive Team including the President/CEO and General Counsel, the Vice President of Transportation, the Vice President of Corporate Services and the Senior Director of Passenger Services. This position will also provide limited administrative support to members of the Commission.
- Receive and organize communications to the Executive Team including telephone calls, mail and email messages and provide assistance using independent judgment and/or consultation to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Coordinate meetings with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of members of the Executive Team.
- Minute recording for meetings, as required.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external contacts with the Executive Team, providing an initial response to standard inquiries and directing non-standard inquiries as appropriate.
- Coordinate travel for the Executive Team, and other meeting participants, as required, including transportation, hotel accommodations, itinerary planning, and meeting coordination.
- Schedule and calendar management for the President/CEO.
- Expense management for the President/CEO, members of the Executive Team and members of the Commission.
- Draft correspondence and other communications for members of the Executive Team.
- Perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Maintenance of all filing systems for the Executive Office including active, closed and archived files as required by relevant legislation.
- Provide all administrative support including handling sensitive and confidential matters.
- Provide support for corporate-related department activities, e.g. annual reports, budget process and reporting activities, health and safety related work and other reports as necessary.
- Research, review, develop, implement and monitor best practices, polices, and procedures to optimize administration, including the areas of information management and organizational practice.
- College diploma or university degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience working as an administrative assistant or equivalent position in a public sector organization is an asset.
- Independent self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including the public, public sector partners and First Nations communities.
- Ability to work in a politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in conflict situations with internal and external parties.
- Comfortable learning and using new web and mobile-based technologies.
- Understanding of customer service principles and the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in reconciling expense reports is an asset.
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills would be an asset.
CLOSING DATE: October 22, 2020 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.